- This policy explains how we collect and use your personal information. Personal information is information that can identify you – for example your name, employee-number, email address or mobile phone number. Your personal information is an important asset for us and we aim to use it responsibly and to keep it secure. If you want to know more about how we use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details below.
The personal information we hold about you includes:
• Personal contact details – name, address etc.
• Date of birth and gender
• Identifiers such as your national insurance or social security number
• Bank details – e.g. for payment of your salary
• Holiday and benefits entitlement
• Employment history
• Location of employment
• Copy of driving licence if relevant
• Records of your recruitment – including CVs and previous employment details
• Education history
• Performance/disciplinary/grievance/sickness etc. records.
• Criminal Record if relevant
• Credit History if relevant
- If you want to know more about the information we collect about you and how we use it, please use the contact details below or ask your line manager.
- What do we use your personal information for?
We use your personal information for various purposes including the performance of your contract of employment or engagement. We need to keep records about you to work with you, otherwise we cannot satisfy our legal obligations as your employer or give you the rights and benefits you are entitled to. If you have any concerns about the way we use your personal information, please let us know.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes we collected it for unless – in exceptional circumstances – we are allowed or required to use it for a different purpose. This could be the case where we need to disclose evidence of wrong-doing to a law enforcement agency or regulator or where we are required by law to make a disclosure – e.g. under a court order.
It is in our legitimate interests or is necessary for the performance of a contract to collect and use your personal information. We need to do this to employ you and to keep the records we need to operate our business and to employ you lawfully and transparently.
- Do we share your personal information?
- We may share your personal information but this will be done on a ‘need to know’ basis and only where it is necessary to do so or where we are required to share information. We may share personal information when we buy or sell any business or assets. We aim to put the necessary safeguards in place to ensure that personal information that we are legally responsible for remains properly protected and is used appropriately when in the hands of a third party.
- Do we transfer personal information overseas?
- Sometimes we may need to send your personal information overseas, for example if you move to an overseas Bunzl business. When we have to do this, we aim to put the necessary safeguards in place to ensure that your personal information remains properly protected and is used appropriately wherever it is located geographically. This will usually be achieved by contractual means.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
- We aim to keep your information for only as long as is necessary for our business needs and in compliance with any legal or regulatory duties to retain it for a particular period. However long we retain personal information for, we will make sure it is protected properly and used responsibly.
- What rights do you have over your personal information?
You have rights including:
o To obtain a copy of your personal information or to have it transferred to another organisation
o To have any inaccurate personal information corrected
o To have your personal information erased if its retention is no longer justified
o To have the use of your personal information restricted – i.e. not accessed or used
o To object to your personal information being processed.
- We will always give you the rights that you are legally entitled to but the rights set out above are qualified rights. Any requests will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
- You will never be required to provide personal information to us but we cannot employ you unless we keep the records we need. We will only collect the information that is necessary to employ you and will keep it secure and will use it responsibly and fairly at all times. Please contact us if you have any concerns about this.
- Do we use automated decision-making?
- We may carry out automated decision-making when you use our website. This involves providing content to you based on your online behaviour. This allows us to display content that is relevant to you. We may also use other electronic tools such as automated CV scanning or test scoring when employees are being recruited.
- Do we use your personal information for marketing?
- We do not use your personal information obtained for employment purposes to carry out marketing but we may use the information we hold in order to communicate with you about your employment and to keep you informed about matters concerning Bunzl and/or the business you work for.
- Who can you complain to if you have a concern?
- If you have any concerns about the way we handle your personal information, please contact us first using the contact details below and we will do our best to help you. If we cannot resolve your problem to your satisfaction then you can contact your local data protection agency at The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk
- Please contact us if you want to know more about how we handle your personal information.
AGGORA (a trading division of Bunzl UK Limited)
Tel: 0845 1177 999